March VC Meeting Minutes
Wednesday, March 15, 2023
Present in person: Rich Westlund, Eric Westlund, Jeff DeKuester, Terri
Johnson, Maricia Pacheco, Jac Coverdale, Ron Christopher
Present via Zoom: Cindy Shanley
Absent: Paulette Christopher
Meeting Called to Order at 6:32 pm
Rich Westlund welcomed everyone
Reviewed and unanimously approved the February meeting minutes
Terri and Rich are still in the process of putting together an Alumni Boat
Cruise for Tuesday July 18th or a dinner in the ballroom at the hotel. Alumni
event is already planned for Tuesday May 16th at 318 Cafe in Excelsior. “I
Like this Town” is guaranteed to be a great experience. Invites will be
posted on our website and through social media.
VC of Candidates, Maricia:
*We have 23 candidates signed up, Hannah Rogers is in charge of
registration and social media, she sends shout outs in groups of 5 through
*Coronation: Coronation Chair Amy Mauzy has a team of volunteers with
production experience coming in to help with the Choreography and
providing behind the stage helpers. Maricia has asked that they will need
Friday night to move in.
* Saturday May 13th. Virtual Welcome, Interview workshop that will be
presented by Sara Carter.
* Wednesday July 19th Meet the Candidate will be chaired by Elle Gilbert
with the 2022 Ambassador Team helping.
* DEI; 90 minute Diversity training planned for the candidates ($2,000
charge for the speaker)
* Community Luncheon, Wednesday July 19th plans being made
* Candidates going to the Minneapolis Women's Club Thursday July 20th
only in the morning
* Candidate gifts are being ordered by Ari
* Candidate Anchor pins have arrived. Our theme color this year is pink.
Candidates will sell the pins for $15.
* Friday July 21st, plans being made for a pink party
* Volunteer event being planned for the Candidates on Thursday July 20th
called Period Minnesota. Event NEEDS a SPONSOR to purchase
cosmetics and hygiene supplies. Cost could be from $750 up to $3,000.
* Maricia is looking for someone to to facilitate resume writing
VC of Ambassadors, Cindy:
*The Women's Conference went great. Our Ambassadors were able to
mingle and do networking with the speakers and vendors. Very informative
day for them.
* Commodore dinner is on track with a few finishing touches
*Commodore Scott and Queen Kaia are very excited and looking forward to
going to Cherry Blossom.
* Update on De LaSalle for the firework viewing, waiting on James, my new
point of contact, to get back to me.
● Ron reported on Paulette's behalf:
● Paulette has her feelers out for a Friendship Social
● Paulette was attending a fundraisers meeting for volunteering at
the Twins Concessions
VC of Alumni, Terri Johnson:
● Terri reported that email addresses have not been used for a very
● Terri has her alumni contact information from when she managed
from few years ago
● The password was shared by Cindy to Terri from a passed VC.
● Memberships,Terri is willing to send out a letter asking people to
renew their memberships
● Alumni and membership databases will be an ongoing work in
● Cindy offered to reach out to Ken Hafften for him to share the Alumni
database he has been working on, that was given to him from Board
member Haley Rogers
VC of Marketing & Social media, Jac:
● Website, few things left for cleanup, membership is a biggie
● Biggest piece right now is trying to figure out where everything goes.
Alumni page contact information needs to be updated and try to
figure out where the information goes once it has been entered.
VC’s Of Visiting Dignitaries, Jeff & Eric:
● Waiting on businesses to get back
● Still working on venues for the Vdigs, much relies on when the bus
will be available
● Some ideas are, a walking food tour, Twins museum, Minnehaha
Falls, breakfast on Saturday morning with the vdigs and current Aqua
team at Local an Irish Pub.
● Set to send out information to visiting digs by early April, via emails
inviting them to Aqua week.
● Still working and coordinating the bus schedule with Maricia
● Potentially hiring a limo service for Vdigs in case there is a conflict
with coordinating the candidates and Vdigs
● Jeff and Eric continue to work on confirming venues, and activities for
Torchlight Parade, Joe Johnston:
*Rich reported on Joe's behalf
* Joe is in contact with the Downtown Council, waiting to hear back
* There is a new point of contact at the Downtown Council Joe will be
● Board Chair Ron Christopher stated that if you need help getting
sponsors for your events send an email to him.
Meeting Adjourned at 9:00 PM
April 19, 2023
Minutes reported by: